Friday 7 March 2014

Watercoloured Project Life Pages

Hello crafty friends :)

We've just had the most ah-may-zing first autumn Saturday in Sydney today, and the hubby, bubby and I went on a little excursion to Cabramatta for some good Vietnamese grub. Then we wandered pretty much all over the whole of Western Sydney, checking out markets and outdoor furniture and only just got home, and it's 5:00pm! Great day!

I really wanted to share with you some of my Project Life cards that I created myself. They're not that elaborate or anything, but they all have a common theme, and that is watercolouring.

I have just been journalling our recent trip overseas to visit family, and I thought I might make the title 4x6 cards watercoloured. I used the same technique that Kristina Werner did here for the background of this card.

So we visited Bangkok, Dubai and Bombay (it's now called Mumbai, but real Bombay-ites still call it Bombay…) and I used colours that I thought reflected each city. Reds, yellows and oranges for the heat of Bangkok in it's climate and food; Blues and Greens for the sea on which Dubai is situated; and pinks and purples for the rich and vibrant colours that follow you wherever you go in India. I also used my PTI Headline alphabet dies to spell out the cities' names and I made a gold spray out of gold gelato and water and sprized each card for some added shimmer. Love the result. So Asia!



Here is my Dubai page. I grew up in Dubai, so we were there for one of my best friends' wedding. Wow- it was such a beautiful experience in every way! She was so happy, he was over the moon, everyone was so happy for them, everyone was seeing everyone else after like, 10-15 years,  there was a DJ…can you just imagine the party that followed??? I mean, we danced non-stop until 3am when the hotel kicked us out. So many good memories. Oh, and the reception venue was at the foot of the Burj-Al-Arab which is the tallest building in the world. You gotta see it to believe it. Majestic!

There are quite a few pics here, so the journalling was just done on another 4x6 card which I watercoloured and added some sequins to. I like how this layout turned out.



Here are the other layouts that I did, very photo heavy, but there's a bit of watercolouring on each journalling card :)



I am entering these layouts in the Virginia's View Watercolour challenge. Go check out the amazing stuff there!

Hope you likey :)

Preeya

2 comments:

  1. ADORE this soooo much! I love your Project Life! Your water-colored pockets are perfect compliments for this mini album! I really like how you used the colors to reflect the cities! (I haven't been to any of those cities mentioned, but it will be awesome to visit some day)! Thanks for playing Virginia's View Challenge! So happy to see a non-card project! So, way to go, Preeya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preeya, these are soooo beautiful. Wish I was in Sydney with you, we'd have a mountain of cards!

    ReplyDelete