Wednesday 5 March 2014

Virginia's View Challenge #1- Watercolour

There's a new challenge out there in blogland. And I'm rising to it :) The theme is watercolour, and y'all know how much I've been loving the watercolours lately. Seriously a beautiful trend.

So here was the inspiration board that Virginia gave us




And here is my take on the card.


I kept it really simple as you can see. I just let the watercolouring do the talking! The flower and leaves were inked up using dye ink, and then were lightly misted before being stamped on this super thick watercolour paper. I LOVE this effect :) It really looks like I did it all with a brush eh? Nup! Stamps :)

I then heat embossed the sentiment in black before adding the bright yellow watercolour wash around the flower. *sigh* I am very much 'in like' if I do say so myself. This card is making me happy.


I thought that the card needed some interest along the bottom edge, so I ripped it and distressed the edge a little before adhering to a Very Vanilla card base. That way I didn't have to add anything that would compete with the focal point.

If you haven't already, you should check out Virginia's View challenge- in her words… "its more than just a challenge blog!" And it is!!! There are videos and all kinds of wonderful inspiration to be taken to help you participate in todays challenge. So go along and do it :)

I hope you likey!


Preeya

3 comments:

  1. You sure have risen to the challenge, Preeya!! This card is super artsy and beautiful! I am so glad that you were inspired! Hope to see more of your lovely work! Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, the watercolors really stand out, and I love the detail of the torn edge.

    ReplyDelete