Wednesday 19 March 2014

Online Card Classes- CAS3- Masked frames

When Jennifer McGuire showed us how to do these gorgeous masked frames, I knew I wanted to give it a go. So without further ado here is my card


I used the Fresh Cut Florals stamp set by Wplus9, and a sentiment from Over Under Easy by PTI. I love both of these stamp sets soooo much, and I think that they compliment each other beautifully don't you?


To do this technique, I started out by die cutting a circle out of a post-it note (one that is almost fully covered with adhesive instead of the usual strip at the top.I stuck down the circle and started stamping the flowers all around the circle (inks used: Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, Certainly Celery(all SU!) and Soft pink (HASI) and lemonade in Adirondack), overlapping the edge of the mask so as to create a defined edge when I peeled the mask off. I also sponged a little Spun Sugar Distress Ink over the edges of the mask to create a halo of pink to help define that masked circle a bit more. When i peeled the mask off I stamped my sentiment in Hero Arts Soft Granite.

And when I adhered the front panel onto my pre cut card base, I realised that lil' Miss 'nearly-two' had done her own little art work on the back while I wasn't looking. I guess I'll just have to send a little explanation to the person I send this to… Hopefully they'll think it's adorable just like I do.




Anyway, hope you likey!

Preeya

1 comment: