Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Sweet Life- Two Ways :)

Hi everyone. It has been an awfully long time between posts. THings have been a bit crazy here with my Mum being ill- but hopefully she will on the road to recovery soon. As such, the blog has been neglected somewhat. But today I am stopping by to share with you two cards that I made using the same stamp set- The Sweet Life from Papertrey Ink.

This first one is a bit vintage, and I got to use my brand new Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock and ink from Stampin Up!- LOVE this colour. I have waited so long for them to come out with a soft melon colour like this. 

I think what makes this one special is the ribbon that extends past the boundaries of the card. Something a little unexpected :)



And this next one, just makes me happy :)..No... :D
I like the black against the soft tan/grey base, and the gold and blue Pearl Ex pigment is something new that I have tried. Pops of black on light colours are very on trend right now, and so is a shimmer of gold. Although this picture really shows up the shimmer of the pearl, in real life it is quite a subtle look.



So there you have two very different cards made from the same gorgeous stamp set.

Hope you likey!
Preeya

No comments:

Post a Comment